This bioluminescent bay has become one of the most visited places by locals and foreign tourists alike. You don’t want to miss it!
Bio Bay & El Yunque Rainforest Tour
- Person Ages 6+
Discover Two of the Greatest Treasures of Puerto Rico in One Day!
Be amazed by the wonders of El Yunque National Rainforest. Its mix of flora, fauna, and waterfalls made it worthy of being named one of the 28th finalists of the new seven wonders of nature in 2011.
El Yunque, a name derived from Yokahú and Yuquillu, is over 3,500 feet above sea level and the only tropical rainforest in the USA National Forest System. Enjoy the diversity of ferns, Sierra Palm trees, more than 40 types of orchids, and over 80 feet of an amazing waterfall with crystal waters and powerful sounds that are sure to relax and connect you with nature.
Hear the coquí (our .4-inch frog), which makes a spectacular and particular sound! Find some of our 17 different species in the forest; but watch out, some of them are in danger of extinction. Other fauna you may encounter include lizards, walking sticks, tree snails, and a vast diversity of birds (including our Puerto Rican parrot).
You also stop at the Yokahú Tower, which was constructed in 1962. Named like our company, it is located on one of the highest points of El Yunque Rainforest, just as the “Good God” of the Taíno Indians was. This is an excellent place to take pictures of the surrounding nature and the Atlantic Ocean.
Have you ever dreamed of being on a cloud? At El Yunque, you are surrounded by white clouds that you can actually touch. This is a perfect place for photography enthusiasts and people who simply love nature. Experience all of this majestic tropical rainforest with us.
- We drive you from the San Juan area to Fajardo. Pick-up time is around 11:30 a.m.
- Explore the most amazing and important places at El Yunque National Rainforest like El Portal Visitor Center, the Yokahú Tower and La Coca Falls.
- Hike down La Mina Waterfall (3,055 feet of elevation) — refreshing and relaxing!
- After you finish exploring El Yunque National Rainforest, you enjoy trying some of our delicious Puerto Rican food and refreshments.
- Transportation to your Bio Bay Kayak Tour, which begins at 6:00 p.m.
- Round-trip transportation is offered.
- Group rates available — Call for information.
- Certified by the American Canoeing Association (ACA) & Aire Libre Inc. (CPR and Kayak Risk Management)
Please note: You cannot participate in this tour if you are pregnant.