Visit and discover two of the greatest treasures of our island all in one day! Be amazed by the wonders of El Yunque National Rainforest!
Bio Bay Kayaking
- Person Ages 6+
Have a Glowing & Unforgettable Fajardo Bio Bay Kayak Tour!
Let Yokahú Kayak Trips guide you through the amazing bio bay Laguna Grande (Big Lagoon). Located in Fajardo at the very northeastern coast of Puerto Rico, this bioluminescent bay has become one of the most visited places by locals and foreign tourists alike. You don’t want to miss it!
On this tour, you cross a canal inside the nature reserve that is surrounded by various types of mangroves. This protects us from strong winds and helps you to paddle easily in peaceful waters.
But the best part of this tour is to enjoy the incredible glittering water of the Big Lagoon! Tiny bioluminescent organisms called pyrodiniums bahamenses are responsible for this wonder of nature. They produce blue-green light from the top to the bottom of this bay every time you touch or move the water with your kayak!
Don’t leave the island without taking this tour with Yokahú Kayak Trips! We are the most knowledgeable and eco-friendly operator, with over 10 years of bio bay kayak experience!
- Guided by professional, experienced tour guides certified by the American Canoeing Association (ACA) & Aire Libre Inc. (CPR and Kayak Risk Management)
- All kayak equipment included
- Complete explanation of the use and safety management of kayaks and equipment
- Explanation in the bio bay about its surroundings, ecosystem and composition
- Pictures posted on our Facebook page
- Snacks and refreshments provided
- Group rates available — Call for information
- Need VIP? Private tours available
- Moonlight is not always a problem. We have solutions to make it darker.
Please note: You cannot participate in this tour if you are pregnant.